This anti-inflammatory smoothie is one of our favorites. A sweet and spicy smoothie is perfect for busy, chilly fall mornings when you’re on the go but still want to feel your best. The cinnamon adds just the right amount of warmth, and it’s full of antioxidants! Just be sure to make the walnut milk in advance.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
• 1 cup homemade walnut milk* (Recipe below, or use your favorite milk substitute!)
• 1 cup frozen organic wild blueberries
• 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seeds
• 1 tablespoon molasses
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• handful of ice cubes (optional)
Blend your ingredients until smooth.
Pour. Sip. Enjoy!
*Homemade walnut milk recipe:
- Soak 1 cup of raw walnuts in water in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse them well.
- Add them to the blender with 4 cups of filtered water.
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until the walnuts are very finely ground.
- Strain through a nut milk bag (optional).
- Walnut milk can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Delicious recipe courtesy of Pickles & Honey.